GENERAL SHOE CARE TIPS
We appreciate your interest in our products! If shoes are cared for regularly, and as recommended, they will last longer, look better, keep their shape, and maintain water resistance. We recommend the following general guidelines in caring for your shoes followed by specific instructions as outlined in each of the following pages.
- The use of shoe trees is recommended to maintain the shape of the shoes when not being worn. To prevent the backs of the shoes from creasing and cracking, we suggest using a horn to ease the foot into the shoe.
- Give your shoes a rest! Keep two pairs of day-to-day shoes for wearing on alternate days. This will allow perspiration and any moisture to dry thoroughly.
- The key to maintaining the “new” look and condition of your shoes is to spray them regularly with Rockport Protector Spray. This powerful formula can be applied to even the most delicate colors. It forms an invisible barrier against rain and everyday stains without affecting the breathability of the leather
- Do not wash shoes or insoles in the washing machine unless they are specifically labeled as machine washable.
- Allow footwear to air dry. Wet shoes should never be dried in front of an open fire, put in a dryer, or put on a radiator.
- Never polish shoes when they are wet.
- Always follow specific cleaning instructions based on your shoes’ material.
Shop Shoe Care
LEATHER SHOE CARE TIPS
We recommend the following general guidelines in caring for your Leather shoes. If you seek further information, please visit one of our Rockport Flagship Stores
- To clean your leather shoes, gently wipe excess dirt with a soft, dry cloth then wipe the shoes with a damp cloth.
- Let the leather dry naturally before applying cream polish or mink oil.
- To protect your leather shoes, we suggest using a Protector Spray for water and stain protection (silicone spray may darken the leather).
- After repeated use, certain leathers require a performance conditioner. Always use products with natural beeswax; such as the Rockport Conditioner.
CARING FOR YOUR LEATHER SHOES WHEN WET
- Begin by using a damp cloth to wipe away any debris.
- Wipe leather dry then try stuffing your shoes with paper or dry towel to help absorb moisture and maintain the shape as they dry. Depending on the extent of the soaking, this could take from 2 hours to 2 days. Shoe trees can also be used to keep the shape of the shoe intact. Do not place the shoes near a heat source; let them dry slowly at room temperature. Leave to dry overnight or until moisture has completely evaporated.
- Clean shoes and keep leather soft with Rockport Cleaner and Conditioner.
- Once the shoes appear dry and no more moisture is being drawn out of the shoe, apply a thin coat of Rockport Polish to restore the color.
- Use Rockport Rain & Stain Repellent to protect from any future exposure to water.
SUEDE AND NUBUCK SHOE CARE TIPS
We recommend the following general guidelines in caring for your Suede & Nubuck shoes. If you seek further information, please visit one of our Rockport Flagship Locations
- To clean your nubuck or suede shoes, we suggest using a firm, nubuck rubber eraser to remove soil. Brush leather with a suede brush.
- To reduce deterioration and extend the life of your shoes, we recommend the use of Rockport Cleaner. This powerful but gentle gel-based formulation contains a deep cleaning agent which cleans thoroughly as well as deodorizes your Rockport footwear. The gentle fragrance in Rockport Cleaner keeps your shoes smelling fresh and looking clean. Rockport’s gel-based cleaner is suitable on even the most delicate suede and nubuck leathers. Always test on an inconspicuous area first. Rockport Cleaner is recommended for any time your footwear gets dirty.
We recommend the following general guidelines in caring for your Removeable Insoles. If you seek further information, please visit one of our Rockport Flagship Locations.
- Remove the insoles from your shoes and brush lightly with a scrub brush using minimal soap and water.
- Allow insoles to air dry, do not machine wash or dry.
Shop Shoe Care